The IITrade Resource Centre
offers a variety of services to support faculty teaching and student learning. The Resource Centre supports and enriches learning, teaching, and research at IITrade. The books are issued to the students on production of their library cards and the identity card as per the library rules. In addition, reference facility is also available throughout the day.
The Reading Room
The library has necessary infrastructure for its use as a reading room. The Institute subscribes to major national dailies, local newspapers, weeklies and magazines. These are readily available for the use of the students. Newspapers are available at the separate newspaper stand; magazines and weeklies are available against production of their identity cards.
The Institute has introduced the system of open access where the students are allowed to enter the reference section and choose the books for themselves. All the cupboards in the reference section are open to facilitate free access to the students.
The reference section has three separate sections:
1. MBA Reference Section
Books on MBA and all management-related subjects like marketing, finance, human resource, management systems etc. are available for use of the students.
2. General Knowledge Section
Books on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Encyclopedia, textbooks are kept in this section for the use of all the students.
3. International Trade Section
The Institute is also recognized as a Center for WTO Studies on World Trade Organisation, International Trade, Intellectual Property, Economics, and Indian & World Economy. The Institute library has a separate section dealing with WTO and International Trade related subjects wherein reading and reference materials are available to the students.
The Library offers:
- Direct access points for students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Easy access to over 300 books.
- Easy access to specialty journals, newspapers, international magazines (Harvard Business Review, The Economist, TIME, Forbes etc.).
- Easy access to research support. Students can start with a list of reputable websites to get your research kick-started.
- Direct access to Educational YouTube and Google Scholar.
- Opportunity to get started on complicated assignments and become an efficient researcher
- Opportunity to learn advanced computing skills, access to webmail, and many features of MS Office Suites.
- Links to online study resources.